Thrust Lbs. for Broaching Common Materials
Approximate Axial Loads by Broach Forms & Materials (Lbs.)
- The table is provided as a reference to compare loads between various forms, sizes and materials.
- Rotary broaching is a cutting process, requiring very little pressure (low axial machine loads).
- Minimal pressure is generated when following Slater Tools’ workpiece preparation recommendations. See pages 34 and 35.
- The tool holder takes the brunt of the broaching forces, not the machine.
- Actual loads should be less than the values in the table.